Fire on Ethel Ave

At approximately 2:40 p.m. Albert Lea Fire Rescue and Albert Lea PD were dispatched for a potential home fire. Upon arrival, smoke and fire could be seen from multiple windows of the home. Everyone was confirmed out of the home and Fire Crews worked to extinguish the fire. The heaviest fire damage was in the living room and kitchen area. Smoke damage was found throughout the residence. The cause of the fire was a short in the stove outlet below floor level. The fire traveled in the void space below the living room floor and came out into the living space through a central air floor vent. Estimated damage is $20,000. One firefighter was treated and released on scene for heat exhaustion.