Now Accepting Nominations for Woman Farmer of the Year!
March 24, 2023 5:52AM CDT
The Farmfest Woman Farmer of the Year Award is back for 2023! This award was created to honor hard-working female farmers across Minnesota who selflessly give their time to growing crops and raising livestock on the farm. We need your nominations!
Do you or does someone you know meet the criteria below? Then fill out the nomination form so we can give out some much-deserved recognition and maybe even a $1,000 cash prize!
The Entrant(‘s) or Nominee(‘s):
- Must farm or ranch as a sole proprietor or one part of a couple, family or partnership.
- Farm must be located entirely within the state of Minnesota.
- May work outside the home or farm but must contribute to the farming/ranching operation in addition to the duties outside the farm.
- Has a high level of commitment to the farm/ranch in terms of hours dedicated to her work.
- Has a positive impact on the farm in terms of income, yield, diversification, and/or overcoming challenges.
- Nominee demonstrates not only impact on the farm but also positive impact on her community.
- Is highly encouraged to be available to attend a recognition ceremony on August 3, 2023.
- Must agree to be featured in Farmfest advertising, news stories and social media.
- Must provide at least 1 photo with their application.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States, and eighteen years of age or older.
Five nominees will be chosen and honored, on stage, at the Aug. 3 ceremony where one will be awarded the 2023 Farmfest Woman Farmer of the Year and receive a cash prize.
Learn more, find the official rules and submit a nomination today! Nominations close May 19, 2023.