- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced peeled Granny Smith apple
- 1 ¼ cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup water, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Place ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, and apple into a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until turkey is browned and crumbly, 7 to 9 minutes.
Stir ketchup, water, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar, sugar, tarragon, salt, and cloves into the skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, adding a little more water if mixture gets a bit thick.