- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 package (9-3/4 ounces) nacho-flavored tortilla chips or plain tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional: Cubed avocado and sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in beans, picante sauce and chili powder.
- 2. In a bowl, combine soup, tomatoes and green chiles. In a lightly greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half the chips, beef mixture, soup mixture and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- 3. Microwave on medium-high, uncovered, until heated through and cheese is melted, about 12 minutes. If desired, top with avocado and sour cream.