Creamy Beef and Shells
I N G RE D I E N TS :
• 8 ounces medium pasta shells
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cups beef stock
• 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 6 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, about 1 1/2 cups
D IRECT ION S :
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned,
about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Set aside.
3. Add onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in
garlic and Italian seasoning until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
5. Gradually whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring
occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
6. Stir in pasta, beef and heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and
pepper, to taste. Stir in cheese until melted, about 2 minutes.