- 1 large head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
Place cabbage, tomatoes with juice, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper into a Dutch oven or large pot over low heat; cook and stir until it begins to simmer.
Add lean ground beef on top; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and ground beef is cooked through, about 45 minutes.