Peaches and Cream Grilled Cinnamon Rolls
September 1, 2020 7:04AM CDT
for 4 servings
- canola oil, for greasing
- 1 can cinnamon roll
- all purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 peach, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (350°F/180°C). Grease a 6–7-inch (16-17 cm) cast iron skillet with canola oil or butter.
- Open the can of cinnamon rolls and set the icing aside. Arrange the rolls in 2 rows of 4 on a lightly floured surface. Gently press together to seal into one large piece. Flour the top of the cinnamon rolls and use a rolling pin to roll out to a 12 x 8-inch (30×20 cm)rectangle.
- In a medium bowl, toss the diced peaches with the sugar.
- Spread the peaches evenly over the cinnamon roll dough. Starting from a long end, roll up the dough, sealing the peaches inside.
- Cut the dough log into 8 equal pieces and arrange in the prepared pan with the fruit facing up. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the pan on the grill over indirect heat and cook for 30–35 minutes, until the cinnamon rolls are cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the grill and drizzle the warm cinnamon rolls with the reserved icing.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.