Strawberry French Toast Bake
May 4, 2020 7:25AM CDT
for 6 servings
- 8 biscuits, or 1 can biscuit dough
- 1 cup strawberry, quartered
- 2 cups strawberry, finely diced
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven 350˚F (180˚C).
- Slice each biscuit into 8 pieces and place in a greased baking dish.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, combine strawberry filling ingredients and cook until it reaches a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until filling reaches a smooth consistency. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine egg mixture ingredients in a large bowl until well-incorporated.
- Place biscuits in a greased baking dish and spread the egg mixture evenly on top.
- Top with strawberry filling and the fresh quartered strawberries.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream.