- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups whole milk, divided
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup raisins (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Bring water, rice, and butter to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Whisk together 2 cups milk, sugar, egg, flour, and vanilla in a bowl; pour over cooked rice in the saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Stir in remaining 1 cup milk, cream, raisins, and cinnamon until thoroughly mixed. Let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm or cold.