- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons applesauce, or more as needed
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Beat milk, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in another bowl. Stir carrots into flour mixture; fold in milk mixture and butter until batter is just combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.