Cheesy Amish Breakfast Casserole
April 9, 2023 8:33AM CDT
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 9 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir bacon and onion until bacon is evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Transfer bacon and onion to a large bowl. Stir in eggs, potatoes, Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, and Swiss cheese. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set and cheese is melted, 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.