- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup orzo (optional)
- 1 (6.3 ounce) box garlic and herb rice mix
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir onions until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken to the skillet; cook and stir until golden, about 5 minutes.
Add orzo and rice with seasoning packet to skillet. In a medium bowl, stir together chicken broth, milk, cream of chicken soup, oregano, and garlic; pour mixture into skillet. Stir to combine; add broccoli florets
Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice and orzo are tender with a bite and liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes
Turn on the oven’s broiler and set a rack 6 inches below the heating element. Sprinkle cheese over the skillet, and broil until cheese is golden and melted, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.