Ham and Potato Soup
January 1, 2023 7:47AM CST
- 3 ½ cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 3 ¼ cups water
- ¾ cup diced cooked ham
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
Combine potatoes, water, ham, celery, and onion in a stockpot. Bring to a boil; simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in chicken bouillon, pepper, and salt.
Melt butter in a separate saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour; cook and stir until thick, about 1 minute. Whisk in milk; cook and stir until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour milk mixture into the stockpot; cook and stir until warmed through